Monday 9 April 2012

Hello and Welcome!

Hello! It's great that you came to visit!
I'm quite excited to get things going and I have rambling tendencies, so I'll make this introduction shortish.
....on a side note, I'm saving to buy some graphic design hardware, so please bare with my elementary doodles for now! I suspect that the look of this blog will change quite often until I find something that suits!

What to expect from my blog posts:  
I'm going to mainly focus on the magical aspect of my life, but I'm sure that normal day to day subjects will fall in from time to time.
I'll be sharing Witchy things that I've learnt so far, mistakes I've made, successes that I've had, techniques I've mastered and so on. I'd like to share some recipes and craft projects too!

A little about me:


Me, cold (hence the red nose!) in Edinburgh, Scotland.


That's me! My name's Jenny and I live in a pretty part of England, not too far from the sea.

I love to travel but can't afford to, I enjoy napping, online 'window shopping', crafting (or at least the idea of crafting, motivation needs improvement) witchcrafting, reading/obsessively collecting books, writing, getting out and about in nature, swimming in the sea (whilst secretly pretending I'm a mermaid) seeing friends and a spot of Saturday night drunken dancing in clubs with sticky floors!

I am vegetarian - I became one for moral reasons, I don't like the thought of an animal being raised and killed (often in horribly cruel conditions) purely so I can eat it :(

I was Christened as a baby (more out of tradition than religion, I presume) but raised in an open-minded sort of 'non-religion' with pagan undertones. 

I officially started practising Witchcraft when I was 13, the first book I bought on the subject was 'Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner' - I still remember buying it at my local Ottakers, I felt such a bag of nerves mixed with exhilaration - walking to the till and feeling as if everybody in the whole store had stopped and was watching me (...which nobody was, of course!) I felt so young, holding a book that was, in my innocent eyes, so powerful and over my head.

That was one of the most exciting feelings I have ever felt. My path was just starting, I didn't know what to expect other than I knew that this was my truth, I knew that all this magic was around me and I was finally going to be a part of it.

I really enjoy the feelings I get, even now, associated with magic. It's almost indescribable and it shocks me every time. There is a sort of electric excitement that rushes through me when ever a Spell succeeds or something happens because I willed it to.
I want to rush up and tell everybody "Hey, I just made *insert cool thing* happen!!!!" but I know that it's best kept to yourself, few would understand and most would just blame coincidence.

I  realised after a year or so that Wicca wasn't for me and instead settled into the broader title of Solitary Witch or 'Eclectic Pagan'. 
I'm not one for Gods and Goddesses, instead I prefer to view everything as Energy - though I do occasionally draw power from the idea of the divine....something I'll explain another day. 

The main thing to remember when reading my posts is that it's all based on my perception of Witchcraft/Magic/Engery etc - so please don't ever feel as if I am preaching or trying to say that what I believe is the *TRUTH* and what you believe are *LIES* because that's not what I'm about at all.  
I do not claim to know everything and I am always open to learning from others. 



Pixie
Tarot
Finally, what Witch's profile would be complete without a little about their cats? 
I have two very lovely rescue cats (please see photographic evidence)
I raised them from tiny, mewing, leg climbing kittens to the big sturdy fluff bombs they are today. In all honesty, they act more like small, rather hairy humans than felines. 
FYI, the photo of Tarot on the left was captured whilst she was yawning, the psychotic-killer-kitty pose has no reflection on her personality, really!

Okay, so feel free to ask me anything else (...within reason!) but for now, I will leave the 'me' part at that and get to posting something a bit more interesting :)

Once again, thanks for stopping by, it'd be great if you could follow, subscribe and 'like', at least then I'd know I wasn't just speaking to myself :P

No comments:

Post a Comment